At the last minute, I decided to take off on a road trip for my birthday. Elston and I piled in the car for a drive to Davis, California. It was the best birthday that I've had in years. More importantly, we were able to see Mary's new digs and spend quality time together. We had lots of great meals, a WNBA game (go former Rutgers players!), naps, and checking out Davis. Plus, I was able to try In-N-Out burger. Crazy good.
It was also nice to get in the car and just drive. There was no pressure to get anywhere fast. It was 18 quality hours with Elston. The only downfall was the poor air quality from fires in Northern California. Oh and the bird that I murdered when it hit my car. I think it was a suicidal mission.
The weekend was too short. I'm having a hard time adjusting to my regular routine.
2 comments:
Had I known you were driving down I would have suggested stopping at Laytonville for the festival honoring Utah Phillips.
Hey Em,
Glad you had a great 4th. I'm having fun catching up with you the last few years on your blog. :) Keep writing!
Tasha
Post a Comment