Basketball. I've been a fan my entire life. A highlight of my year is watching the NCAA men's tournament. I usually take the first few days of the tournament off work so I can watch solid basketball and lounge around. This year is no different except I didn't take tomorrow off and I'll probably do some work today. I did the same thing for next week, which is a new thing.
I used to fill out brackets against my dad. Our bets were small --- lunch at the Garden Deli or a place in Chicago. I continued the trend with people like Mary for small stakes. My sister used to enter my bracket into her workplace pool. This is the first year that I am not competing against a single bracket (like Mary) or my sister's workplace pool. Instead, I entered my bracket against friends in a Facebook bracket. I still wrote out my bracket. I'll still fill out a bracket with the actual winners. I can't let some things go.
I can't say that I like this year's bracket. I ended up filling out another bracket with the teams that I want to win but I didn't enter it anywhere. Last year, I beat Obama. We'll see how I compare against him this year.
Rock Chalk Jayhawk.
No comments:
Post a Comment